14 Jul Even the world’s largest super yachts seek the Wild Group expertise…
Our team was up in Germany recently wrapping all the deck head panels aboard Lurssen built M/Y Kismet…
- When deckheads are sprayed, they must be taken off the boat and sprayed in a booth. This is not a problem in itself but when spraying you need to spray in the same direction on all deckhead panels, if not then some panels will stand out because they ‘look’ different to the others: This obviously is not a problem in film.
- If a sprayed deckhead is damaged and needs respraying, after the respray it will stand out because of the aforementioned reason in point 1, so the panel will appear ‘new’ and brighter than the others: This is not a problem in film.
- Deckheads are often taken down with vacuum suckers, which leave rings on the paint: This is not a problem in film.
- You can wrap deckheads on the boat
- Wrapped deckheads always look the same
- Damaged deckheads can be rewrapped and will look the same as the existing ones.
- Satin films are easy to clean (unlike paint) and don’t gloss up.
Wild Group are frequently recruited to fit vinyl foils onto the deckheads of some of the world’s most famous superyachts.